I just had the pleasure of a phone interview with Kit Grant, CSP (Certified Speaking Professional) and a CSP (Certified Sales Professional) and a member of the Canadian Speaking Hall of Fame .
We are both members of CAPS (Canadian Assocation of Professional Speakers) Calgary.
Here’s Kit at our CAPS event last month. Kit is an icon in the Professional Speaking industry and has travelled the world delivering over 3,000 presentations in 21 countries.
Kit has a monthly interview series for his Gold Membership clients and asked if I’d share some tips about social media and why you should use it as part of your marketing strategy.
We just hung up the phone and I thought I’d share some of the key points we discussed:
- You are your brand. The lines are blurred between business and personal, you don’t want to “overshare” but you do want people to know you are real and authentic.
- The key is to manage what you want to have out on social media that accurately showcases you and your business.
- Social Media is one part of your brand and how you differentiate yourself in the marketplace
- Social Media is “social” and relationship building first.
- “Selling” and “promoting” too much too quickly will alienate your current and potential clients or customers
- What you produce on Social Media represents who you are as a person and business, what your topic or market is, how your interact, what you are known for and who you are connected to
- Social media takes times – think relationship building
- You need to be present on social media to build a positive reputation in your area of expertise
- Claim your name and use the same name, headshot and description across all of the major platforms to build brand consistency and recognition
- Have a plan – with the right plan and strategy in place, you can manage social media in 10 to 30 minutes a day (for those that say “I don’t have time”, I tell my clients “you have to make time for social media if you want to grow your business”)
- When your activities on social media accurately reflect you and your brand it helps to build your online reputation and to manage any potential negative feedback
- Social Media does not replace any traditional marketing methods, it is one part of your overall strategy
If you’re not sure where to start, give me a call toll free at 1.855.860.6777